The only difficult part is working out the story so that the pieces added won't change the grammatical correctness of the story skeleton...masculine/feminine, contractions, etc...
I finally got a story skeleton to a place that I was happy enough to risk throwing it at a class and introduced it this week. It was great fun and we will work with the story that we created over several days looking at the story from different points of view, adding in dialogue and actors. I also made the story a bit of a mystery so that we can speculate and take the story farther if it has enough momentum.
So, here is how I went about making the flippity madlib.
First I sketched out the story. I kept all dialogue out so that we could just play with that in class.
Second, you go to flippity.net If you have never seen flippity and all that you can do, check it out, because there are a bunch of easy to make activities! Here are the ones you can choose from:
Change the story title in the top white box.
Click in the box that has the story and it will isolate that box and give you a bigger space to work in.
I have several ideas for using this in class and haven't done more than a class created story yet, but I envision small groups creating stories from the same template and sharing in a variety of ways. If you notice, the "el Problema" story focuses on most of the irregular present tense verbs. So, having multiple versions of the story with the same verbs gets a lot of meaningful and funny repetition. I also took the stories that we created above and plugged them into textivate and made a sequence.